There was a hell of a lot of information unveiled at Quakecon about Skyrim. Many journalists were able to have a go themselves and turned out some really funky looking characters! Here are some screenshots showing player characters from QuakeCon and beyond!
UPDATE: Updated the slideshow to include the newer race screenshots! 16/08/2011
We’ve also been given some more snippets of information about the actual game! Perhaps the most surprising is that you will no longer be able to create your own spells. I must admit that creating uber spells did seriously unbalance the game – being able to wipe out the occupants of a room with a twich of your finger – but still… it was fun.
On the bright side it’ll mean that you get much more out of Skyrim in terms of time and enjoyment. Anyway here is the full list of details:
- Joinable Factions: Rebels with branching path quests (Stormcloaks) and Riverwood Tavern Warrior Clan.
- Pickpocket skill provides greater RP opportunities and much more realistic thievery for thieves.
- Myriad options for face-paint.
- Even minor NPCs have much more complexity and depth compared with Oblivion.
- Character Generation remembers your settings when switching between races
- You can persuade various random NPCs to accompany you and they feel like fleshed out, interesting companions.
- There are six different stages to crafting items. The first two are: Refining crude ore and Assembling materials.
- More realistic alchemy labs.
- In addition to alchemy ingredients there are also reagents.
- Some spells can be learned by reading spell tomes, while others can be bought from merchants.
- Hand to Hand attacks have a much improved gravity and physicality.
- There are more ways to complete quests.
- Lockpicking mini-game is improved.
- There are bards in the game.
- You can choose not to spend perk points each level, and hold onto them instead.
- During Character Generation you can add laugh lines to your character.
- There are dozens of sliders for character creation.
- Aurora Borealis is confirmed.
- You can have animal companions.
- Bosmer “Animal Allies” Racial Ability confirmed.
- NPCs can throw rocks if they are on a bridge above you
- Glow Worms confirmed.
- Killable Bees and insects confirmed (you can harvest bees from beehives).
- Fast Travel costs money!
- Perks do not stop at level 50.
- There are more types of poison.
- Bosmer are immune to most types of poison.
- The Dark Brotherhood are definitely back.
It looks as though there will be loads more joinable factions in Skyrim than Oblivion, and it just seems to be far more detailed, polished and interesting!
Q. How do you separate sailors in the Khajiiti navy?
A. With a hammer and tongs.
Remember to check out the Skyrim Competition!
Click here to find out why YOU need to preorder Skyrim NOW!
or Check out the Skyrim Blog Store