Today is the 11th of August, that means that there are 92 days left untill The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is released (11/11/11). That’s a long time. So the question is: What to do in the mean time?!
1. The most obvious thing to do is to replay Morrowind (PC only) and Oblivion AGAIN! Both games have come down in price substantially. You can pick-up the game of the year edition of Morrowind for £3!!! As for Oblivion, the 5th anniversary edition looks quite cool – it’s out in the US (launched last month) but we’ll have to wait a little bit longer to get it in the UK. Here’s what it includes:
- The Complete Oblivion Saga – The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine Expansion Pack and The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles Expansion Pack.
- Collector’s Steelbook – A beautiful collectible metal case masterfully embossed with Daedric symbols.
- Making of Oblivion – A behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.
- Oblivion Game Map – A full-color map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles.
- Savings on Skyrim – Contains a $10 mail-in rebate offer for the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide.
So you can actually save money on Skyrim!
Morrowind and Oblivion Pictures:
2. Enter our Skyrim Competition to win an AWESOME glass dragon!
3. Do some Skyrim background reading. The Elder Scrolls series has recently expanded out from computer games by publishing a novel! Many popular series have recently been made into novels – or had accompanying novels published e.g. the Assassins Creed Series, Halo Series. BUT! The Elder Scrolls: Infernal City is different however – in that it is apparently a pretty decent read! From the reviews I’ve seen if you like The Elder Scrolls you’ll love Infernal city, the greatest criticism was that it’s too short (a sequal has recently been published)!
But why should it interest us? Well it all happens in-between the events of Oblivion and Skyrim! THIS is what makes it such good background reading for Skyrim!
You should definitely check it out: LINK
4. Preorder Skyrim! Why Preorder? Well:
– You will be among the first to get the Skyrim, without queueing for hours outside a shop on release night – It’ll be delivered right to your door!
-Because of the price guarantee, if the price drops between now and the release date you’ll be charged the lowest price!
– You’ll get your hands on the bonus content that comes with preordering, in this case a “premium quality” “real map“. We strongly suspect this to mean a cloth map as opposed to a paper one – and as we all know:
“Cloth maps are on average 150% more caressable and andventurey than paper or plastic ones“- PCG
– And if you’re like me and live in the middle of nowhere then you’ll save money on the fuel you’d use to actually pick the game up because of the free shipping!
If you preorder Skyrim through THIS page you’ll be helping out the blog too!
5. Discuss Skyrim! Skyrim is going to be AWESOME. You know it. Just about everyone who has played an Elder Scrolls game knows it! What better way to pass the time than to chat about it! There are loads of forums and blogs out there here’s a short list:
- Official Skyrim Forums
- The Nexus Forums: Skyrim Page
- NeoSeeker Skyrim Forum
- Un-official Elder Scrolls Pages: Skyrim Forum
- TheElderScrollsSkyrim.com Forum
If you know any good forums comment and let us know, or if you have any ideas of things to do over the next 92 days or even just comment to say how AWESOME Skyrim will be!
Click here to find out why YOU need to preorder Skyrim NOW!
or Check out the Skyrim Blog Store